The Ruarts Foundation is founded in 2003 by art collector Marianna Sardarova with the aim of promoting contemporary art. Since then, the Foundation has realized numerous successful projects regularly organizing exhibitions, providing support to artists, publishing catalogs, albums and books on art as well as conducting various educational programs.
In 2020, RuartsFoundation is opening a new space located in the heart of the Arbat District (Trubnikovsky Lane, 6). It will be a 6-storey building with a total area of more than 2 thousand square meters. Two exposition floors will be occupied by an extensive collection of contemporary Russian art; the remaining floors will contain halls for temporary exhibitions, a lecture hall, a library, a bookstore and a cafe.
The first large-scale project organized by Ruarts in a new location will be an exhibition of the Foundation's collection formed by Marianna Sardarova during its existence. To date, the collection contains over 2 000 artworks, including various types of contemporary artistic practice: painting, graphics, photography, video, sculpture, installation, post-graffiti etc. The oeuvres of the following artists are comprised into the collection: Vladimir Nemukhin, Vladimir Yakovlev, Igor Vulokh, Dmitry Krasnopevtsev, Timur Novikov, Vladislav Mamyshev-Monroe, Francisco Infante-Arana, Igor Makarevich, Olga Tobreluts, Leonid Purygin, Sergey Anufriev, Sergei Borisov, Oleg Tselkov, Sergey Shablavin, Valery Koshlyakov, SemyonFaibisovich,EvgenyAntufiev, Aidan Salahova, Dmitriy Tsvetkov, Alexander Zakharov, Vitaly Pushnitsky, Vita Buivid, Andrey Bartenev, Irina Korina, Sergey Kishchenko, Misha Most, Alexey Luka, Dmitri Aske and many more. In the ensuing years Ruarts Foundation will pursue replenishing its collection.
The new multidisciplinary complex will allow not only to organize exhibitions, but also provide an educational program, which will include lectures, discussion events, master classes for adults and children. At the same time, a specially formed scientific department will be engaged in research on the most relevant issues of contemporary art, curatorship and art criticism, as well as in studying, reviewing and recording the heritage of the most prominent and interesting representatives of the Russian art scene.
The Foundation has as its objective the integration of the efforts of curators, artists and researchers in order to establish a dialogue with the audience, which will allow to reconsider the activities of the Foundation over the past years and to outline a strategy for the further development.
“We hope that the new space will bring together all people who seek to better understand contemporary art and will become a center of attraction for both the representatives of the art community and the general public of all ages. The Foundation will welcome anyone who has serious intentions to understand the current art environment and is open-minded enough to perceive audacious ideas and projects”.
Catherine Borissoff, Art Director of Ruarts Foundation and Ruarts Gallery.
The Foundation also intends to interact with other cultural institutions, to support important art projects, to develop its publishing and as well as a grant program for Russian artists.
Over the 16 years of activity, Ruarts Foundation has carried out various projects, including:
- Sky is always clear. Yoko Ono. 2019. ММОМА, Moscow
- Natural philosophy. Mikhail Rozanov, Andrey Karagodin. 2019. TsarskoeSelo, Saint Petersburg
- Wall Elements. 2018. Manege Central Exhibition Hall, Saint Petersburg
- Force Majeure. Shepard Fairey. 2018. ММОМА, Moscow
- Zeitgeist. Sergei Borisov. 2018. SKLAD, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- Zeitgeist. Sergei Borisov. 2018. The National Art Gallery, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Versus. ZurabArabidze. 2018. Museum of modern art, Tbilisi, Georgia
- Nevsky Ave. Vita Buivid. 2017. Exhibition ‘Personal Structures’, Palazzo Bembo, European Cultural Centre, Venice, Italy
- Zeitgeist. Retrospective exhibition of Sergei Borisov. 2017. ММОМА, Moscow
- Observation Journal. Sergey Kishchenko. 2017. Vavilov All-Russian Institute of Plant Genetic Resources, Saint Petersburg
- Soot. 0331с &Grisha. 2017. ММОМА, Moscow
- Title: Endure. KirEsadov. 2017. Center Red space, Moscow
- My love is not a wisp of smoke. VitaBuivid. 2016. ММОМА, Moscow
- Exhibition program in the framework of the Russian Film Festival "Kinotavr". 2016-2019. WinterTheater, Sochi
- Say: I love you! Andrey Bartenev. 2015. ММОМА, Moscow
- Translation of time. Igor Vulokh, Evgeni Dybsky. 2008. Ruarts Gallery
- Neoclassicism. Part I. Artists of Timur Novikov’s circle. 2005. RuartsGallery
- Ruarts Collection Album. 2020
- “Wall Elements 2” Album. Alex Partola. 2018
- “Soot”Album. 0331с, Grisha. 2017
- “My love is not a wisp of smoke” Album. Vita Buivid. 2016
- “Studio 50 А” Album. Sergei Borisov. 2014
- “Memoirs of an Art Dealer”. RichardFeigen. 2004
- Project “ARCA”. 2019-2020. In collaboration with the educational centre of MMOMA
- The Street Art Forum. 2019. In collaboration with the Street Art Research Institute. ММОМА, Moscow
- Lecture course byVasilyKudryavtsev. Music Photography. 2017. Ruarts Gallery, Moscow
- Lecture course on graffiti and street art by Dmitri Aske. 2016. Ruarts Gallery, Moscow
- Grant for Russian streetartists. 2015-2019. In collaborationwith the Artmossphere
- Urban contemporary art Auctions. 2015 - 2019. In collaboration with the Artmossphere